Steven Jones wrote:
I appear to have IPA running, I have run the install client on a fed14
KVM guest and that guest is in the IPA system, however the users in IPA
cannot authenticate via IPA and get onto the client.  There appears to
be traffic to port 389, so I assume its "almost" working....but I can
find anything in logs to say whats wrong....not that I can determine
what logs to check.....Ive been looking in /var/log so far....are there
any other logs about?

And/or where do I start looking to get this working?

regards

On that client can you do things like:

$ getent passwd <some_ipa_user>

or

$ id <some_ipa_user>

?

That should cause sssd to fetch user information. If it fails then we'll start by looking at the sssd configuration. If not I guess we'll turn up some debugging knobs to see what is going on.