Dmitri Pal wrote:
Hello,

Please find the design for the auto membership plugin:
Here: http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Auto_Membership_Design

I have some comments and questions:
1) Is the AND functionality for inclusion criteria required?
2) How the attributes are escaped? Do they need to? Probably there will
be cases when they should be escaped
3) Parsing pairs in the value as a bit of overhead. I wonder if there is
any way to avoid it?
4) I have concerns about the UI and CLI, do you see any good ways to
mange such entries?

Because the configuration is stored in cn=config we would need to bind as DM to be able to manage it (unless we want to make an exception and allow writing here. Could a bad config could prevent 389-ds from starting).

I assume a restart would be needed whenever a configuration change is made?

What happens if the target in automembertargetgroup gets removed?