On 04/04/2011 10:12 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
Hash: SHA1

On 04/04/2011 03:52 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
On 04/04/2011 09:36 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
Hash: SHA1

On 04/04/2011 03:06 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/04/2011 03:01 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
I also noticed that in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf the ipa server is specified
ipa_server = _srv_, ipa01.ix.test.com

sssd doesn't resolve anything from IPA until I remove "_srv_,"

Stephen, was there a recent bug on this matter in SSSD?

The purpose of _srv_ is to check DNS for IPA server addresses first. The
idea is that if you have more than one IPA server in service, then you
can use DNS to list all of them. Otherwise, the ipa-client-install can
only specify a static list of servers at the time of install. This would
mean that if the IPA servers changed IP addresses or new ones entered
production, it would be necessary to change all of the client
configuration files.

I'm puzzled why you would need to remove this, unless your DNS server is
returning something other than FreeIPA servers for a SRV request
directed at _ldap.tcp

I have verfied that the _ldap._tcp is resolving correctly. DNS was set
up using "ipa-server-install --setup-dns". I discovered this at the IPA
server. This is a newly installed IPA server at RH 6.1 beta installed a
few hours ago. No IP addresses changed.

#  host -t srv _ldap._tcp
_ldap._tcp.ix.test.com has SRV record 0 100 389 ipa01.ix.test.com.

Is the domain part of the client machine also ix.test.com?

The way we determine which SRV record to use is as follows:
1) If dns_discovery_domain exists in the config file, it is always used.
2) If not, first try the domain part of the machine's hostname (aka
hostname -d)
3) If that fails, try the name of the SSSD domain (in sssd.conf

IIRC ipa-client-install should set [domain/<IPA domain name>] so if
that's not the same as your DNS domain, we could be having problems.

Can we see your sssd.conf please? (feel free to sanitize as needed)

Please see the requested output below. This is taken from the IPA server, which had the issue. DNS servers in resolv.conf set to the IP of the IPA server.

# hostname -d

# more sssd.conf
services = nss, pam
config_file_version = 2

domains = ix.test.com


cache_credentials = True
ipa_domain = ix.test.com
id_provider = ipa
auth_provider = ipa
access_provider = ipa
chpass_provider = ipa
#ipa_server = _srv_, ipa01.ix.test.com
ipa_server = ipa01.ix.test.com

cache_credentials = True
krb5_realm = IX.TEST.COM
krb5_kdcip = ipa01.ix.test.com:88
auth_provider = krb5
chpass_provider = krb5
krb5_kpasswd = ipa01.ix.test.com:749

Freeipa-users mailing list

Reply via email to