On 04/08/2011 11:49 AM, JR Aquino wrote:
> Is there any way to capture a description associated with the regex -> group
> mapping?
>
> I was thinking that after time, it would be important to look back on rules
> and know why they were put there.
>
> Particularly in the case of regex, since it may not be completely obvious by
> looking back at alphabet soup.

The more I think about current design the more I want to normalize things.
I would rather instead of:

dn: cn=Hostgroups,cn=Auto Membership Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectclass: autoMemberDefinition
autoMemberScope: dc=example,dc=com
autoMemberFilter: objectclass=ipaHost
autoMemberExclusiveRegex:
cn=webservers,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com:fqdn=^www5\.example\.com
autoMemberInclusiveRegex:
cn=webservers,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com:fqdn=^www[1-9]+\.example\.com
autoMemberInclusiveRegex:
cn=webservers,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com:fqdn=^web[1-9]+\.example\.com
autoMemberInclusiveRegex:
cn=mailservers,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com:fqdn=^mail[1-9]+\.example\.com
autoMemberDefaultGroup: cn=orphans,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com
autoMemberGroupingAttr: member:dn

Have something like:

dn: cn=Hostgroups,cn=Auto Membership Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectclass: autoMemberDefinition
objectclass: cnContainer
autoMemberScope: dc=example,dc=com
autoMemberFilter: objectclass=ipaHost
autoMemberRegexRule: cn=Webserver Inclusion Rule,cn=Hostgroups,cn=Auto
Membership Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
autoMemberRegexRule: cn=Mailserver Inclusion Rule,cn=Hostgroups,cn=Auto
Membership Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
autoMemberRegexRule: cn=Desktop exclusion Rule,cn=Hostgroups,cn=Auto Membership
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
autoMemberDefaultGroup: cn=orphans,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com
autoMemberGroupingAttr: member:dn

dn: cn=Webserver Inclusion Rule,cn=Hostgroups,cn=Auto Membership
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectclass: autoMemberDefinitionRegexRule
cn: Webserver Inclusion Rule
the webserver group.
include: yes                   <- include or exclude
memberGroup: cn=webservers,cn=hostgroups,dc=example,dc=com
arrtibuteToMath: fgdn
expressionToMatch: ^www[1-9]+\.example\.com

Or something along those lines...

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal