Hi All,
First of all, many thanks indeed to the developers and community for making
some great strides in the open source IPA world !
I am planning for a Linux deployment with the following requirements.
   -- About 50 Linux clients running Kubuntu (can change this to ubuntu if
necessary)   -- Centralized authentication   -- Centralized storage with iSCSI
for /home folder for each user by means of a dedicated storage   -- NO Windows
or other users   -- Admin should be able to create and modify the accounts of
all the users   -- Admin should be able to set password policies   -- Allocate
/home folder for each user from the storage through iSCSI   -- Server can be
CentOS/RHEL (or even Fedora if absolutely required)   -- Any other
administration of users if possible !
I was wondering whether FreeIPA makes sense to me in this scenario ? can it
satisfy all these or at least some of these ? if not, can anyone suggest me
some alternative solutions which are open source ? I am flexible on the
requirements and can make modifications if that is required.
I would really appreciate any feedback on this.
Thanks in advance and regards,Nidal