On 05/08/2011 11:57 PM, nasir nasir wrote:

Adam,

I truly appreciate your persistence !

I tried using alien and it generated the .deb file successfully and even installed the ipa client package without any error on the client machine(Kubuntu 11.04). But when I run the *ipa-client-install* command, it gave the following error,

*openway@dl-360:~/rpm$ sudo ipa-client-install *
*There was a problem importing one of the required Python modules. The*
*error was:*
*
*
*    No module named ipaclient.ipadiscovery*

I'm guessing that this is a 64 bit system? It might be an arch issue. IU know that Debian and RH mde different choices for 32 on 64. RH/Fedora puts the Python code into

/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/

Debian might be looking under /usr/lib/  for Python.

Try a 32bit RPM.

*
*
*openway@dl-360:~/rpm$*

I even created the deb file out of ipa-python package and installed it on the kubuntu machine(without any error). Still, its the same. Any idea ?

Thanks and regards,
Nidal