On 05/13/2011 06:11 AM, Charlie Derwent wrote:
Hi

First time posting on the mailing list so go easy on me :-)

I've installed freeipa on our network and noticed that no real user owns the folders /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA and /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-TEST-NET. Isn't this going to cause logrotate errors? I have a feeling this came about because I installed freeipa then had to uninstall it, then re-installed it again and the UID and GID's I'm seeing may have been the previous pkisrv and dirsrv users/groups. If this is true can I just manually chown the directories and if so what permissions should I set?

That is not the normal state of things. They should be owned by the dirsrv user and group. Since the dirsrv user is responsible for writing to these files, creating the directories etc, I would not think you would have a usable install if this is not set up correctly. id you do ps -ef | grep dirsrv, what user is running those processes?

Thanks
Charlie