nasir nasir wrote:
Adam/Nalin,

Two cases,

1) When I am testing this by manually mounting the nfs share(which is
*/xtra* )on the NFS server itself using the following command,
*
*
* #mount -vvvv -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5 nfsserver.cohort.org:/ /home*

I get whatever problem I described in previous mail(permission issues).
Now this could be because here IPA is not managing the user/group
permissions completely(Correct me if I am wrong in this assumption) and
all the problem you described happen.

What is it you are actually trying to do here, mount every single /home directory? To test automount I tended to do: cd /home/<someuser>. It should be automatically mounted.

If your machine is configured to use IPA for identity then yes, it manages all users and groups (e.g. you used ipa-client-install).

2) When I DO NOT mount manually and instead I try to login as a new user
on the nfsserver machine, It creates the home folder for this user on
the /home partition of nfsserver machine because automount is NOT
working and hence there is no mounted partition to confuse things.
So to be able to test it properly, I need to fix the issue in automount
and get the case #2 tested and working properly with /home automatically
mounted from the nfsserver.
This is my "*ipa automountlocation-tofiles default" *output,

*/etc/auto.master:*
*/- /etc/auto.direct*
*/share /etc/auto.share*
*/home /etc/auto.home*
*---------------------------*
*/etc/auto.direct:*
*---------------------------*
*/etc/auto.share:*
*/etc/auto.home:*
** -rw,sec=krb5,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
nfsserver.cohort.org:/xtra/home/&*

*
*
Is this OK ? Please help.

And you configured this to automatically create the homedirectory, right? I wonder if there is a conflict/race with that.

This line apears to be ok. Does it work if you do cd /home/<someuser> ?