On 05/23/2011 09:11 PM, Christian Horn wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 08:58:53PM +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
I just built a brand new RHEL6.1 64bit server and installed ipa-server
and despite setting up the chkconfig's it wont start on boot...it
will start manually later by hand...
Works out of the box for my virt-installed virtual machine
and using my notes from
http://fluxcoil.net/doku.php/snippets/linux_quickshotsetups/ipa_server6
for the ipa installation.

Christian
Hi,

My issue is startup of IPA only occurs when the host is extremely busy, such as after a reboot of the host machine when the disk is grinding and the cpu is almost going up in flames of all the virtual machines starting at once. With the IPA virtual machine being one of the virtual machines struggeling for cpu and disk io. :)

Thanks for the link, this sums up just about what I've noticed is required out of a stock build to make IPA work as well. I usually just do "ipa-server-install --setup-dns", and the rest is auto-detected.

Rgds,
Siggi