I've given up on freeipa v2 due to lack of compatibility with hosts I manage.
This is all on freeipa v1.  The server started as Fedora 13, and I upgraded to
Fedora 14 in an attempt to fix the problems.

[root@freeipa ~]# uname -r
2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64
[root@freeipa ~]# rpm -qa 'ipa*'
ipa-client-1.2.2-6.fc14.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-1.2.2-6.fc14.x86_64
ipa-python-1.2.2-6.fc14.x86_64
ipa-admintools-1.2.2-6.fc14.x86_64
ipa-server-1.2.2-6.fc14.x86_64
[root@freeipa ~]#

I'm not doing anything special at this point.  I'm not even trying to get
clients added.  I'm trying to do a basic install of ipa-server, with no extra
arguments.  That claimed to succeed but wouldn't work, I tried to fix it,
uninstalled, any attempts to reinstall failed.  So right now I'm simply trying
to get the ipa service back to any kind of functioning status without
re-installing the OS.

-Brian