From: Simo Sorce [s...@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 8:29 a.m.
To: Steven Jones
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] DNS in freeipa

Clients get added automatically to DNS in 2 ways:

1. At install time by the ipa-client-install script

2. at run time, if configured to do so, sssd can run dynamic updates
using the host keytab.

Clients that do not have sssd support must use some other way.

For example a cron job with enough privileges to access the host keytab
and run dnsupdate.

Simo.

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 20:07 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> So for now I have to add the client(s) to DNS manually? and it will get fixed?
>
> or will it always be like this?
>
> regards

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York