Hi,

These files/clients have all been configured by the ipa-client-install script, 
so any settings are standard, I have modified nothing.

So when I built all 3 client/workstations I made a default user jonesst1 at 
build time with password 1 and its the same across all three.

So in the freeipa server I set password2 for jonesst1 which is different so I 
know that I am getting a centralised login....really basic stuff.

So then using the ipa-client-install script I joined them each in turn to 
IPA....for F15 and 6.1 clients they now accept the IPA password2 without an 
issue...for RHEL 5.6 it initially asked to reset the password....and I only had 
1 hour......later logins are fine.

So my use case is nothing more than a simple centralised login......

regards

________________________________________
From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on 
behalf of Dmitri Pal [d...@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 8:56 a.m.
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Inconsistant first login behaviour

On 06/08/2011 04:04 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you fix 5.6 so it runs the ipa-client-install script the same way then 
> please? because running the same command giving differing results seems 
> strange....unless you are telling me its simply the way rhel5.6 will work?

Well the problem is that SSSD is not in 5.6 by default. ipa-client on
5.6 configures LDAP+Kerberos. In fedora there is SSSD and it is
configured. In 5.7 there will be a new ipa-client that will act in the
same way as in RHEL 6 or Fedora.

But the expectation is that they should act in the same way now. But
apparently there is some difference.

We need to understand exactly what is your use case.
What is configured in your nsswitch and pam config on RHEL and Fedora?
And if in one case it is SSSD and not in the other we need to see SSSD
configuration and LDAP and Kerberos configuration files.


> regards
>
> Steven
> ________________________________________
> From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on 
> behalf of Dmitri Pal [d...@redhat.com]
> Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 5:00 a.m.
> To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
> Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Inconsistant first login behaviour
>
> On 06/07/2011 10:36 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
>> Logging into the F15 client and I just login with the ldap password...
>>
>> If I try the same thing with RHEL5.6 I get told I have one hour to password 
>> expiry....
>>
>> I'd like it to do one or other across platforms....and be able to set this 
>> behaviour, per user....or not at all.
>>
> This is probably because in one case you log using LDAP password and in
> another as Kerberos credential. The underlying password string is the
> same but other properties like expiration are different as you see.
> To have the consistent experience configure both systems to use same
> type of the credential.
>
>
>> regards
>>
>> Steven
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Freeipa-users mailing list
>> Freeipa-users@redhat.com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>>
>>
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Dmitri Pal
>
> Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
> Red Hat Inc.
>
>
> -------------------------------
> Looking to carve out IT costs?
> www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Freeipa-users mailing list
> Freeipa-users@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>
> _______________________________________________
> Freeipa-users mailing list
> Freeipa-users@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>
>


--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
Red Hat Inc.


-------------------------------
Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/



_______________________________________________
Freeipa-users mailing list
Freeipa-users@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users

_______________________________________________
Freeipa-users mailing list
Freeipa-users@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users

Reply via email to