Hi,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 18:53, Doug Chapman <prjctg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Dan Scott <danieljamessc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I can't speak to your gid mapping issue, but Under Accounts -> Login Options
> -> Network Account Server, you can get access to the Directory Utility to
> 'bind' to a server.  My Mac is tied to an AD domain, so I'm not in a
> position to play with this.

Yep, I've been through this, but I'm unsure what to put into the
mapping fields to make it work correctly.

>> 1. There is no GUI 'realm configuration tool', you have to manually
>> edit the file:
>>
>> /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.kerberos
>>

> Use /System/Library/CoreServices/Ticket Viewer.app to manage
> your Kerberos keys, or the command line utilities.

Yes, that's the replacement utility in 10.6 for managing tickets, but
you can't use it to edit the realm information - you have to manually
edit the configuration file. I think the documentation should be
updated to reflect this.

Thanks,

Dan