On 06/21/2011 07:24 AM, Attila Bogár wrote:
Dear List,

I'd like to sync extra attributes from AD -> FreeIPA.
These are namely: employeeNumber and employeeType.

The following .ldif is always adding value unknown instead of syncing the value in AD.
-- 8< --
dn: cn=ipa-winsync,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: ipaWinSyncUserAttr
ipaWinSyncUserAttr: employeeType unknown
-- 8< --

I'd like to use the value unknown if no such employeeType is defined in AD.

What's the correct form for ipaWinSyncUserAttr?
You have it correct. Looking at the code, it is supposed to work as you expect. Looks like it may be a bug. Can you enable REPL and PLUGIN error logging level and reproduce the problem? I would like to see the errors log. See http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting for more information.

Thanks,
  Attila