From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on
behalf of Sigbjorn Lie [sigbj...@nixtra.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 June 2011 4:35 a.m.
To: d...@redhat.com
Cc: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] freeipa and NAS

Hi,

You could consider using NexentaStor which is also using ZFS, providing a
feature rich GUI and CLI
for NAS management. I've successfully used FreeIPA 2 with NexentaStor for CIFS,
NFS3 and NFS4 +
Kerberos 5, having Linux clients connecting to kerberized NFS4 shares, and
Windows clients
connecting to the CIFS service.

I assume anything that supports LDAP will be usable with IPA, at least for user
lookup.

In my NexentaStor configuration, the NFS service is using FreeIPA
(nss_ldap+krb5), and the CIFS
service is using Active Directory (nss_ad) for user authentication.

Rgds,
Siggi