Ondrej Valousek wrote:
  Hi List,

I am just wondering what's the situation regarding storing automounter
maps in IPA? I see support for it on the roadmap but I am wondering how
it is going to be done, because:
1. sssd can not do it, and I think it is going to take a long time
before it will (due to the libc NSS limitations)
2. automounter has its own ldap support

Ian has recently added DNS SRV support for the automounter and I have
verified that I can store maps in Active Directory (accessing via
ldap/gssapi) so I am thinking the same should be possible right now even
with IPA, just a small DS schema extension would be needed.

Does anyone know?
Thanks,

IPA v2 supports managing and storing automount maps in its LDAP server.

Look at the output of this for details: ipa help automount