Steven Jones wrote:
Yes....enrolement now fails, previous messages I attached show that I think, it
used to work.
History, I had to remove all my working IPA clients due to a disk space problem
on our SAN (we didnt have any). So I managed to keep the working IPA server
and 2 x RHEL5 64 bit servers and the one un-configured template of RHEL6.1
64bit client I had. This I used to make client side clones off previously and
connected them to IPA server and they worked.
So lastweek I went back and with a running ipa server, I cloned in the old
client/template and got the mis-match, so I put them on the production network
and patched, same mismatch problem.
I can do a sosreport of the old template I think and the client to look at the
differences if that helps.
I'm having a hard time following exactly what you are doing, on what
machine. I think we need to be more systematic.
Can you choose a machine to act as the client and provide the following:
- distro and architecture (e.g. RHEL 6.1 on x86_64)
- rpm -q curl libcurl
- rpm -q ipa-client
On the IPA server:
- rpm -q ipa-server
Start with a client that is not enrolled. If it has previously been
enrolled run: ipa-client-install --uninstall -U
Now run ipa-client-install and answer the questions as appropriate for
If it fails please provide the following:
- any stdout you get from the client install
- attach the full /var/log/ipaclient-install.log
- attach the last 100 lines from /var/log/httpd/error_log from the IPA
Freeipa-users mailing list