Dan Scott wrote:
Hi,

I have a FreeIPA 1 system which is being migrated to FreeIPA 2. After
migration, the script says:

"Passwords have been migrated in pre-hashed format.
IPA is unable to generate Kerberos keys unless provided
with clear text passwords. All migrated users need to
login at https://your.domain/ipa/migration/ before they
can use their Kerberos accounts."

I have some users who are authenticated via LDAP. Also I have a Java
application which allows them to change their password using LDAP.
Will existing passwords continue to work when using LDAP
authentication/password changes? It is only Kerberos authentication
which requires users to re-login on this special page?

Thanks,

Dan

That is correct.

When the user authenticates to this special page (sssd can also handle this) then Kerberos credentials are generated for the user.