Jimmy wrote:
Just curious about this, the guide that we both refer to provides
instructions for a windows client authentication but this page indicates
that FreeIPA doesn't support windows clients:

http://elladeon.fedorapeople.org/ipa/guide/Using_Microsoft_Windows.html

Which is correct?

The guide you referred to was contributed by another FreeIPA user showing one way to get Windows login working. It does this by mapping all IPA users to a single windows user (ipauser).

This is not practical for most installations so we don't recommend it.

The roadmap for the next major release of FreeIPA adds AD trust so the IPA realm can be trusted as part of an AD forest.

rob

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com