Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
It appears that FreeIPA v2 includes the hostname in web-based URLs and
redirects. This isn't good if the server is sitting behind a proxy
server or if a user is trying to use port forwarding (as I am now) to
access the system.

Is there some way to configure this behavior to avoid it happening? If
so, shouldn't that be the default?

Kerberos and SSL are very specific about what host they want to talk to so we have some mod_redirect rules to make sure we are talking to the right FQDN over SSL.

You can disable these in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa-rewrite.conf if you'd like.