On 09/30/2011 01:10 PM, Mark A Cinense wrote:
Hi, new to the list. I have been pounding away at this for the past month or so, and I am stumped as to why when installing IPA, it keeps wanting to setup DNS with a domain name of ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org <http://ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org>. During the interaction part of the install, I defined the domain as mark.cinense.org <http://mark.cinense.org>.

The message I get is:

Do you want to configure the reverse zone? [yes]:
Configuring named:
  [1/9]: adding DNS container
  [2/9]: setting up our zone
Unexpected error - see ipaserver-install.log for details:
test.mark.cinense.org <http://test.mark.cinense.org>: DNS zone not found

Here is how I answer the interactive questions:

Server host name [ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org <http://ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org>]:

I think the problem is the you are adding to an invalid zone here. I am guessing siomething is silently failing.

You are stating that your domain is
mark.cinense.org <http://mark.cinense.org>

but I think you want it do be test.mark.cinense.org <http://mark.cinense.org>

And then your server ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org <http://ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org> makes sense.

The zone is the zone you are going to control by default, not the zone you are joining....if that makes sense

Warning: skipping DNS resolution of host ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org <http://ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org>
The domain name has been calculated based on the host name.

Please confirm the domain name [test.mark.cinense.org <http://test.mark.cinense.org>]: mark.cinense.org <http://mark.cinense.org>

The IPA Master Server will be configured with
Hostname: ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org <http://ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org>
IP address:  156.119.45.254
Domain name: mark.cinense.org <http://mark.cinense.org>

When I do a hostname I get:

[root@ipaserver log]# hostname
ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org <http://ipaserver.test.mark.cinense.org>

Any ideas?  Is there something I am missing?

--
Mark Cinense CNA A+ MCP CVE RHCSA 6
MACDAV Productions a Cinense Consulting Service Company