Hi,

When I attempt to create a automember rule, I get an error message "ipa: ERROR: Auto Membership is not configured".

[root@ipa01 ~]# ipa automember-add --type=group s_serviceaccounts
ipa: ERROR: Auto Membership is not configured
[root@lieipa01 ~]# ipa group-add --desc="Developers" devel
-------------------
Added group "devel"
-------------------
  Group name: devel
  GID: 698600064
[root@ipa01 ~]# ipa automember-add --type=group devel
ipa: ERROR: Auto Membership is not configured
[root@ipa01 ~]#

I found the container for the automember by using "# ipa env"
  container_automember: cn=automember,cn=etc

This container does not exist in my LDAP tree. I cannot find any documentation mentioning any requirement to create this container manually, and I cannot find any reported bug related to this issue.

Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

Regards,
Siggi