Steven Jones wrote:
Hi,

Well if you understand Peak Oil and that the "green revolution" was actually
truning fossil fuel into food ie we eat oil....only having 2billion UIDs wont be a
problem.

:/

Many, many organizations start with the same uid base, 500 or 1000. When company A buys company B there are tons and tons of uid collisions. If each started at a random start point then the chances of collision, while not zero, are much lower.

Our goal wasn't to guarantee uniqueness in the universe, just to make integration hopefully easier in the future when namespaces are merged.