We have previously developed Solaris RBAC authorization within our
application to validate users and roles to our application's internal
commanding capability using the definitions that populate the name
service switch maps.

I have been searching for a method for implementing similar capability
using RHEL and had found promise with the following proposed
documentation for IPAv2:
http://freeipa.org/page/Overall_Design_of_Policy_Related_Components#Adding_Support_for_New_applications

However backing up within the documentation, I see that this Policy
Related Component capability is being deferred.
http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPAv2_development_status

Is there a defined timeline when the Policy Related Components support
for New applications will move forward and be adopted for a RHEL6 update
release?

Thanks and regards,
Rodney.

--