Hi,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:19, Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, Dan Scott wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just upgraded a server from Fedora 15 to 16 and I'm having
>> problems starting the dirsrv process:
>>
>> /var/log/messages
>> Nov 14 09:38:27 fileserver1 ipactl[1351]: Failed to read data from
>> Directory Service: Unknown error when retrieving list of services from
>> LDAP: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>> Nov 14 09:38:27 fileserver1 ipactl[1351]: Shutting down
>> Nov 14 09:38:27 fileserver1 ipactl[1351]: Starting Directory Service
>> Nov 14 09:38:27 fileserver1 systemd[1]: ipa.service: main process
>> exited, code=exited, status=1
>> Nov 14 09:38:27 fileserver1 systemd[1]: Unit ipa.service entered failed
>> state.
>>
>> The /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/errors file contains no new
>> entries since Friday 11th.
>>
>> Any ideas how I can get this fixed? How can I find out which 'file or
>> directory' is missing?
> Looks like LDAP socket is not yet available at the time we try to
> contact it. I think this was fixed in Fedora 16 package with this
> patch:
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=freeipa.git;a=commitdiff;h=5451328bc55fe964c61e7b87959310f9c6748cf8
>
> Could you make sure 'systemctl start dirsrv.target' actually starts
> slapd for EXAMPLE-COM? If not, please show output of
>
> ls -l /etc/systemd/system/dirsrv.target.wants

'systemctl start dirsrv.target' doesn't appear to do anything, nothing
shown on the command line and the logs don't change. The directory is
empty:

[root@fileserver1 schema]# ls -l /etc/systemd/system/dirsrv.target.wants/
total 0

> It may be that we would need to make a small upgrade script that
> re-installs proper systemd instances for dirsrv.target as those are
> produced during ipa-server-install and cannot be done automatically on
> upgrade without proper intervention yet.

Is this related to this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F16_bugs#Upgrade_from_previous_releases_resets_the_enablement_status_of_services

Or is it to do with the dependencies of FreeIPA startup?

In any case, the process is still failing to start. Do I need to
create a link in dirsrv.target.wants to somewhere?

Thanks,

Dan