Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
Hi,

I want to integrate a kickstart tool written in PHP to add hosts to an
IPA server.

I found the IpaApi, but there does not seem to be a host_add function:
http://freeipa.org/page/IpaApi

What would be the best way to do this?

Sorry, this we missed this page when we sought out all the v1 pages a while back.

Pretty much all functions now have the same format. The first argument is an array of positional arguments. The second is a struct representing the options.

An easy way to see how data is passed to a given command is to pass -vv to the ipa command:

$ ipa -vv host-add test.example.com

This will show the XML-RPC request we make.

In the case of a host you can probably get away with just positional arguments, I believe all options are, ahem, optional :-)