Charlie Derwent wrote:
Hi
I've been testing our potential new IPA server before roll out and while
setting up a replica with ipa-server-2.1.3-9 I encountered the following
issues during installation
[root@ipa2 ~]# ipa-replica-install --setup-dns --no-forwarders --no-ntp
/var/lib/ipa/replica-info-ipa2.test.net.gpg

Directory Manager (existing master) password:____

__ __

Run connection check to master____

Check connection from replica to remote master 'ipa1.test.net
<http://ipa1.test.net/>':____

    Directory Service: Unsecure port (389): OK____

    Directory Service: Secure port (636): OK____

    Kerberos KDC: TCP (88): OK____

    Kerberos KDC: UDP (88): OK____

    Kerberos Kpasswd: TCP (464): OK____

    Kerberos Kpasswd: UDP (464): OK____

HTTP Server: port 80 (80): OK____

    HTTP Server: port 443(https) (443): OK____

__ __

Connection from replica to master is OK.____

Start listening on required ports for remote master check____

Exception in thread Thread-2:____

Traceback (most recent call last):____

   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in
__bootstrap_inner____

     self.run()____

   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-conncheck", line 238, in run____

     self.socket_timeout, responder_data="FreeIPA")

   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipapython/ipautil.py", line
1134, in bind_port_responder____

     raise e____

error: [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol
The same error runs across all threads. Turning on debug I can see that
it happens when this command is passed to the server
ipa-replica-conncheck --master ipa1.test.net <http://ipa1.test.net>
--auto-master-check --realm TEST.NET <http://TEST.NET> --principal admin
--hostname ipa2.test.net <http://ipa2.test.net>

Hmm, what does your network config look like? IPv4-only, IPv6-only or a mix?

I got round that by running --skip-conncheck during the replica-install
but was suprised I've heard no-one else has mentioned the issue is there
anyway I can get some lower level debug info to find out the root cause
of the issue? The other thing I noticed is when hosts enroll no
timestamp appears in the "Enrolled?" column on the webui, it's not a
major problem but my guys quite liked using it as a visual aid to work
though the servers they had configured. I've looked at the 2.1.4 change
log and nothing was mentioned regarding fixes for either issue.

IIRC the UI was using the date of the last host service principal password change as the date of enrollment and this could be misleading so we changed it to a simple yes/no.