I'm new to FreeIPA and have some questions.  I've searched the archives for
similar articles and found
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2011-May/msg00040.html, but with
some differences.  Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but hope that answers to
these questions might help others through the archives.

*** I saw the announcement that 2.1.4 from the updates-testing repo is
"strongly advised".  In the previous message, I saw that deploying a production
server on Fedora was a bad idea.  2.1.3 is the last version available on the
CentOS repos.  Is that one reasonable to use?  Are there any gotchas that I
should know about like disabling selinux?  Is 2.1.3 usable while waiting for
2.1.4 to hit the CentOS repos?

*** AD synchronization is under active development, but I'm wanting to work
with Open Directory.  The last references I've seen to it on the user list was
with 1.x.  I've seen the opaque objects in the OD schema, realize the OD schema
is rather fluid and understand that maintaining an integration like that may
not be productive for such a small audience.  On the other hand, are there
configurations with limited replication or referrals that might provide basic
interoperability?  I haven't been too successful with getting Apache Directory
Studio connected to FreeIPA so I can browse around, but does anyone have some
insights they could share on this?  Anyone have FreeIPA working at any level
with OpenDirectory that they could share insights about?

Thank you kindly for any insights that you might be able to share!

Brian