On 02/15/2012 11:51 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 22:55 +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
On 02/15/2012 09:32 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 20:49 +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
Hi,

I see that the documentation for configuring kerberos on Solaris has
changed since the last time I looked.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/Configuring_an_IPA_Client_on_Solaris.html#Configuring_an_IPA_Client_on_Solaris_10

kclient fails if I pre-create the account in IPA, and attempt to kclient
configure the client. If I don't, it successfully retreives a keytab for
the host, but I'm unable to add the host as a host in IPA as the
kerberos principal is already used.

I suppose there is a LDAP ACL preventing me from doing this?

Can I work around this somehow, having the host account in IPA and using
kclient to configure Solaris hosts at the same time?
Sigbjorn,
running kadmind in FreeIPA<   2.2 is completely unsupported and there are
ACLs that explicitly prevent it from changing data in LDAP.

I will investigate about those instructions and correct them as
necessary, they appear incorrect.
Yes, I was a bit surprised when I noticed this in the documentation
given other postings on the list where use of kadmin and kadmin.local is
advised to be not supported.

Does something change in 2.2 and upwards to support the use of kadmin ?
Yes and no.

In 2.2 we have our own kdb backend and we decided to retire ipa_kpasswd
and use kadmind instead.
But I still prevent kadmin from doing a lot of operations, because
kadmind has no clue how to properly create an ipa computer object or an
ipa user.

In time we may teach kadmin how to properly handle some of the
principals, but for now I am simply preventing it from messing up the
tree by crating bare principals in the wrong place, with the wrong (or
missing) data attached to it.

Would it be possible to allow it to retreive a keytab for already existing accounts?

Regards,
Siggi