It looks like, as far as I can tell, the IPA pki setup does not by
default include subjectKeyIdentifier in the SSL certificates issued. I
am using ipa-getcert -f foo -k bar, to generate and submit the request.

I am a little hazy about how all of this fits together at this point, so
please forgive me. However, it looks like the RFC states that the CA
SHOULD be included with all end certificates:
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3280.txt (Page 27). So it is fine that it is
not included, but is there a way to modify IPA so that it does?

I assume this is all part of dogtag and it's operations, and it looks
like from my research it should be possible in dogtag, but how IPA and
dogtag work together etc. well I just don't know enough.

Environment:
RHEL 6.2
ipa-client-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64