Dan Scott wrote:
Hi,

I have an idea for a new feature. I've been having a lot of problems
with replication recently and I think the following would be useful.

Can we show the replication status of the masters/replicas? And also
show whether they contain a CA?

Something like:

ipa-replica-manage -v list

server1.example.com: master,CA [Up-to-date]
server2.example.com: master,CA  [Not replicating!]
server3.example.com: master  [Up-to-date]

Add a server name to the end of that command and you'll get the status:

# ipa-replica-manage list -v rawhide.greyoak.com
Directory Manager password:

pony.greyoak.com: replica
  last init status: None
  last init ended: None
last update status: 0 Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded
  last update ended: 2012-02-24 18:12:59+00:00
win2003.greyoak.com: replica
  last init status: 0 Total update succeeded
  last init ended: 2012-02-24 18:07:26+00:00
last update status: 0 Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded
  last update ended: 2012-02-24 18:37:25+00:00

Some of the recent updates to IPA have caused replication problems for
me. The first that I know about it is when I start getting weird
problems like inconsistent results from user lookups, etc. Or when
users start complaining. This would be a useful way to get the overall
status of my IPA servers.

I would also like a related feature which would check the servers
remotely to ensure that the required services are running. i.e. Test
that I can get a kerberos ticket, perform an LDAP lookup, the CA is
working, etc.

ipactl status will at least make sure the processes are running. Only works on the local box though.

I filed RFE https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2443 for the rest.

regards