On 03/15/2012 03:54 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 15:47 +0100, Dimitris Tsompanidis wrote:
Firewalls on both machines are disabled and the firewall in between
is
wide open, especially in the master->slave direction where I allow
everything.

There is no master ->  slave concept in FreeIPA, all servers are master
and they work in a multi-master configuration, so all the proper
communication channels need to be open both ways.

Simo.

I think it's not related to firewall, because daemons are not listening on IPv4 sockets.

Please, try to "telnet <IPv4 address> 389" from affected machine.

If it fails with "connection refused", there is really problem with socket creation.

It strange problem... There is my blind shoot:

Please, post your:
- /etc/hosts file
- output of "hostname"
- output of "hostname -f"