Hi Simo,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Simo Sorce <s...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 11:12 +0100, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I extended my set of LDAP objectClasses associated to users by adding
> > my new objectClass to my cn=ipaConfig LDAP entry, the
> > ipaUserObjectClasses attribute.
> > Then, I created a new user with the web ui and I see the new
> > objectClass associated with that user, but as structural instead of
> > auxiliary. I don't know why, could you help me?
> >
> > Same thing happened for my groups. I added 3 objectClasses and now I
> > see all of them as structural. I would understand an answer: all
> > objectClasses eventually result as structural, but so why, for
> > example, the ipaObject is still an auxiliary objectClass?
>
> The objectClass type depends on the schema. It is not something that
> changes after you assign it to an object.

Yes, your answer surely does make sense.

My question was triggered by the fact that, AFAICS, not all objectClasses
are structural as well.
In fact I can see that, for my group object, the objectClass "ipaobject"
has been defined as auxiliary, while others structural.
For users, I see that *only my objectClass* is defined as structural. All
others as auxiliary.

In attachment you can see 2 images that immediately represent what I'm
trying to explain.

If this was the intended behaviour, I would be really interested in knowing
what is the rationale behind this.
Only curiousity, as usual :-)

Thanks again for your patience!
Marco