Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 03/17/2012 07:36 AM, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm trying to migrate my ldap user base to freeipa. I'm using the last
Release Candidate.

I already changed "ipa config-mod --enable-migration=TRUE"
This is what I have:

ipa -v migrate-ds --bind-dn="cn=manager,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
<http://mydc2.it>" --user-container="ou=people,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
<http://mydc2.it>" --user-objectclass=inetOrgPerson
--group-container="ou=groups,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it <http://mydc2.it>"
--group-objectclass=posixGroup --base-dn="dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
<http://mydc2.it>" --with-compat ldap://ldap01
ipa: INFO: trying https://freeipa01.unix.mydomain.it/ipa/xml
Password:
ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'migrate_ds' to server
u'http://freeipa01.unix.mydomain.it/ipa/xml'
ipa: ERROR: Container for group not found at
ou=groups,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it <http://mydc2.it>

I looked at my ldap server logs and I found out that the search
executed has scope=1. Actually both for users and groups. This is a
problem for me, in having a lot of subtrees (ou) in which my users and
groups are. Is there a way to manage this?

Thanks in advance
Marco

P.s. As a side note, I suppose there's a typo in the verbose message I
obtain in my output:
ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'migrate_ds' to server
*u*'http://freeipa01.unix.mydomain.it/ipa/xml'

Please open tickets for both issues.

Well, I don't think either is a bug.

If you have users/groups in multiple places you'll need to migrate them individually for now. It is safe to run migrate-ds multiple times, existing users are not migrated.

The u is a python-ism for unicode. This is not a bug.