On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 01:15 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started adding hosts/clients but DNS isnt being updated for the
> client(s).
>
> Screenshot of error is attached....

Hello Steven,

there is something wrong with your host keytab. As written in the
output, ipa-client-install could not get a TGT for
host/vuwunicorh6w...@ods.vuw.ac.nz and thus nsupdate which performs the
DNS update failed.

Can you please attach a relevant portion of ipaclient-install.log so
that we can get more information about why it failed?

Alternatively, you can list credentials in the keytab with this command
yourself:
# klist -kt /etc/krb5.keytab

To test obtaining the TGT from the host keytab and thus reproducing this
issue, you can run this command:
# kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab host/vuwunicorh6w...@ods.vuw.ac.nz

The command output itself, or KRB5KDC logs in IPA server should provide
a hint why the kinit fails.

Martin