sure... tried it on the ipa server (from other hosts to with same problem)

[root@cerber ~]# cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain chao5.int
nameserver 127.0.0.1

MfG
Christoph Kaminski

-----Simo Sorce <s...@redhat.com> schrieb: -----
Is your client pointing at the ipa server as DNS server ?
See /etc/resolv.conf

The symptoms look like you may not be doing that or that you may be
pointing at other DNS servers too that do not have the information you
are looking for.

Simo.

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 20:21 +0200, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a problem with cnames in ipa dns settings. If I set a cname, it
> doesnt work. I have configured a cname 'icinga' to A record 'azazel'.
> If I do 'host azazel' then I get:
> azazel.chao5.int has address 192.168.50.20
> Host azazel.chao5.int not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> Host azazel.chao5.int not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> (yep 2 times the same)
>
> If I do 'host icinga' then I get:
> Host icinga not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> This doesnt work to: 'ipa dns-resolve icinga'
> ipa: ERROR: Host 'icinga.chao5.int.' not found
>
> In LDAP I can see the attrib: 'cNAMERecord icinga' on
> 'idnsname=azazel,idnsname=chao5.int,cn=dns,dc=chao5,dc=int'
> what can be the problem?
>
> IPA Version is the last stable for centos6.
>
> TiA
>
> MfG
> Christoph Kaminski
>

> www.biotronik.com

> BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG
> Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501
>
> Vertreten durch ihre Komplementärin:
> BIOTRONIK MT SE
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 118866 B
> Geschäftsführende Direktoren: Christoph Böhmer, Dr. Werner Braun, Dr.
> Lothar Krings, Dr. Torsten Wolf

> BIOTRONIK - A global manufacturer of advanced Cardiac Rhythm
> Management systems and Vascular Intervention devices. Quality,
> innovation, and reliability define BIOTRONIK and our growing success.
> We are innovators of technologies like the first wireless remote
> monitoring system - Home Monitoring®, Closed Loop Stimulation and
> coveted lead solutions as well as state-of-the-art stents, balloons
> and guide wires for coronary and peripheral indications. We highly
> invest in the development of drug eluting devices and are leading the
> industry with our drug eluting absorbable metal scaffold program.

> This e-mail and the information it contains including attachments are
> confidential and meant only for use by the intended recipient(s);
> disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not
> addressed, but in the possession of this e-mail, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete the document.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York