Hello,

On 04/11/2012 08:21 PM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
Hi All

I have a problem with cnames in ipa dns settings. If I set a cname, it
doesnt work. I have configured a cname 'icinga' to A record 'azazel'.
If I do 'host azazel' then I get:
azazel.chao5.int has address 192.168.50.20
Host azazel.chao5.int not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host azazel.chao5.int not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
(yep 2 times the same)

If I do 'host icinga' then I get:
Host icinga not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

This doesnt work to: 'ipa dns-resolve icinga'
ipa: ERROR: Host 'icinga.chao5.int.' not found

In LDAP I can see the attrib: 'cNAMERecord icinga' on
'idnsname=azazel,idnsname=chao5.int,cn=dns,dc=chao5,dc=int'
what can be the problem?
These names are flipped, I think.
Do you want to create cname "alias" icinga => azazel, right? So when somebody resolves icinga, he actually gets record for azazel. It's meant in this way?

If I understood correctly, you have to create LDAP object 'idnsname=icinga,idnsname=chao5.int,cn=dns,dc=chao5,dc=int' with cNAMERecord 'azazel'.

It says 'if you are looking for name icinga, right place is azazel'.

I tested this on RHEL 6.2 with bind-dyndb-ldap.x86_64 0:0.2.0-7.el6.

Right IPA command is:
ipa dnsrecord-add chao5.int icinga --cname-rec=azazel

Please don't forget to remove cname attribute from azazel. It's not allowed to mix cname with other records. In that case behaviour is undefined.

IPA Version is the last stable for centos6.
Please provide exact version number:
rpm -q bind-dyndb-ldap

Petr^2 Spacek

TiA