[root@cerber ~]# rpm -q bind-dyndb-ldap
bind-dyndb-ldap-0.2.0-7.el6.x86_64

yep found the solution to (with help from ipa irc channel)...
The GUI and the ipa tools created the cNAMERecord inside the A Object. This doesnt work. It needs to be a separate Object for cname. In unstable IPA it is already fixed/changed.

MfG
Christoph Kaminski

-----freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com schrieb: -----
Hello,

On 04/11/2012 08:21 PM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a problem with cnames in ipa dns settings. If I set a cname, it
> doesnt work. I have configured a cname 'icinga' to A record 'azazel'.
> If I do 'host azazel' then I get:
> azazel.chao5.int has address 192.168.50.20
> Host azazel.chao5.int not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> Host azazel.chao5.int not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> (yep 2 times the same)
>
> If I do 'host icinga' then I get:
> Host icinga not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> This doesnt work to: 'ipa dns-resolve icinga'
> ipa: ERROR: Host 'icinga.chao5.int.' not found
>
> In LDAP I can see the attrib: 'cNAMERecord icinga' on
> 'idnsname=azazel,idnsname=chao5.int,cn=dns,dc=chao5,dc=int'
> what can be the problem?
These names are flipped, I think.
Do you want to create cname "alias" icinga => azazel, right? So when
somebody resolves icinga, he actually gets record for azazel. It's meant
in this way?

If I understood correctly, you have to create LDAP object
'idnsname=icinga,idnsname=chao5.int,cn=dns,dc=chao5,dc=int' with
cNAMERecord 'azazel'.

It says 'if you are looking for name icinga, right place is azazel'.

I tested this on RHEL 6.2 with bind-dyndb-ldap.x86_64 0:0.2.0-7.el6.

Right IPA command is:
ipa dnsrecord-add chao5.int icinga --cname-rec=azazel

Please don't forget to remove cname attribute from azazel. It's not
allowed to mix cname with other records. In that case behaviour is
undefined.

> IPA Version is the last stable for centos6.
Please provide exact version number:
rpm -q bind-dyndb-ldap

Petr^2 Spacek

> TiA
>
> MfG
> Christoph Kaminski

www.biotronik.com

BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501

Vertreten durch ihre Komplementärin:
BIOTRONIK MT SE
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 118866 B
Geschäftsführende Direktoren: Christoph Böhmer, Dr. Werner Braun, Dr. Lothar Krings, Dr. Torsten Wolf

BIOTRONIK - A global manufacturer of advanced Cardiac Rhythm Management systems and Vascular Intervention devices. Quality, innovation, and reliability define BIOTRONIK and our growing success. We are innovators of technologies like the first wireless remote monitoring system - Home Monitoring®, Closed Loop Stimulation and coveted lead solutions as well as state-of-the-art stents, balloons and guide wires for coronary and peripheral indications. We highly invest in the development of drug eluting devices and are leading the industry with our drug eluting absorbable metal scaffold program.

This e-mail and the information it contains including attachments are confidential and meant only for use by the intended recipient(s); disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not addressed, but in the possession of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately and delete the document.