Yes, this is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.  I've already been looking
in to the BIND views clause and would like to hear if anyone has any feedback
as to how well this works in the real world.

In this case the implementation of IPA is using an external standard BIND
implementation loading from text files.  However, views would be very useful
for IPA to be able to do internally, so figuring out how to  get this option in
to BIND using 389ds backend would be a useful step.

Thanks,
Brian

---
Brian Cook