On 04/27/2012 04:45 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 04/26/2012 11:42 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 21:18 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
Hi,

FYI,

I shutdown IPv6 as we dont do IPv6 and found that IPA wouldnt work....slight
oops there...

Hi Steve,
can you be more explicit on how you 'shutdown' IPv6 ?
And can you please tell exactly how IPA breaks in that case ?

Is this after IPA is fully installed ? Or does the installer fail ?

Simo.

Is it same issue as described in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2012-April/msg00160.html ?

We do IPv6 in several places, but a while ago I noticed the way we iterate over address families in nsslib in conjunction with getaddrinfo (the io.AddrInfo class) looks dubious, it seems overly complex as if it's trying to force a family selection (not sure, I would have to go back and really look at the code again).

In any event getaddrinfo is designed to return a list of possible addresses sorted in priority order by the system. You're supposed to start at the first address in the list and see if you can connect, if not try the next address. You're not supposed to take addresses in the list based on some other criteria (which is what we seem to be doing with the family).

FWIW, the raw c lib getaddrinfo allows one to specify constraints (such as family), unfortunately NSPR (the wrapper around getaddrinfo in nsslib) does not permit this, not sure why (probably because NSPR has to fallback to other mechanisms if getaddrinfo is not available)

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/