David Copperfield wrote:

Hi folks,

During migration existing Kerberos/LDAP setup clients to IPA, after
'ipa-client-install' command is run and reports successful migration, we
found that the client fails to talk with IPA server.

The symptom is: in the /var/log/messages file at IPA client side, we can
see the following entries:

Apr 30 11:07:04 ldapclient02 sssd: Starting up
Apr 30 11:07:05 ldapclient02 sssd[be[pegaclouds.com]]: Starting up
Apr 30 11:07:06 ldapclient02 sssd[pam]: Starting up
Apr 30 11:07:06 ldapclient02 sssd[nss]: Starting up
Apr 30 11:07:06 ldapclient02 [sssd[ldap_child[2133]]]: Failed to
initialize credentials using keytab [(null)]: Decrypt integrity check
failed. Unable to create GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.

It is figured out that, instead of backup and overwrite
/etc/krb5.keytab, ipa-client-install only appends the new generated host
keytab entries to the same file /etc/krb5.keytab. Then when the original
entries have a higher KVNO version than the newly generated siblings,
the latter is shadowed and ignored.

After manual removing the old entries from /etc/krb5.keytab with the
tool ktutil (rkt, delent, wkt), the client immdiately connects to IPA
server and problem goes away. It will be greatly appreciated if native
ipa-rmkeytab can be extended to do the same job.

ipa-rmkeytab doesn't need to be extended to do this, we would just want to run it prior to ipa-getkeytab in the installer. There is an option to remove all tickets for a given realm, that seems to be the best fit here. I opened a ticket to track this, https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2698