On May 2, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:

>> I'm curious how members of this list are monitoring their IPA servers'
>> replication status. `ipa-replica-manage list` doesn't actually tell you if
>> your replica is working. I just realized that our replica's IPA processes
>> were hung (likely as a result of suspending & resuming the VM it's running
>> on). It would be great if our nagios could monitor the replica status -
>> anyone here have any ideas?
>
> http://port389.org/wiki/Howto:ReplicationMonitoring

Thanks for the reply, but storing the directory manager password in plain text
defies any sort of paranoia that should be fundamental to an IPA admin. I find
it hard to believe it's even recommended at all!

Is there any way to expose the nsDS5ReplicationAgreement objectClass to a less
privileged account; i.e., an account solely designed to check replication
status?

Thanks,
Ian