On 05/09/2012 03:52 AM, Stephen Ingram wrote:
Perhaps this is already corrected in 2.2.0, but I'm currently using
2.1.3 and when using a long hostname (like amazon ec2 names
ec2-50-xx-xxx-xxx.us-1-east.compute.amazonaws.com), once you click on
the hostname in the Identity/Hosts tab, you can no longer return to
the hosts listing because the hostname is so long that it somehow
overwrites the "hosts" breadcrumb link. Is there a way around this
without just removing some of the URL in the location bar and hitting
return?

Steve

Yes, it's corrected in 2.2.

To work with the problem in older versions I would suggest one of following methods:

1) create a bookmark to search page - probably good only if you hit the problem in one page. The url for hosts is: https://test.example.com/ipa/ui/#identity=host&navigation=identity&host-facet=search

2) personally I would edit the URL - it's fast if you know how it should look.

3) in browser JavaScript console execute:
IPA.nav.show_page('host', 'search')
Note: the params are: entity name, page name, primary key.

--
Petr Vobornik