On 05/21/2012 07:13 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Rich Megginson<rmegg...@redhat.com>  wrote:
On 05/18/2012 08:13 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Rob Crittenden<rcrit...@redhat.com>
  wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
On 05/02/2012 07:36 PM, Ian Levesque wrote:
On May 2, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:

Is there any way to expose the nsDS5ReplicationAgreement objectClass
to a less privileged account; i.e., an account solely designed to
check replication status?
You also need to expose the RUV tombstone entry at the base of each
suffix.
Good to know, thanks. I haven't messed with ACIs on 389ds/IPA before;
any pointers?

Cheers,
Ian

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Access_Control.html

We already have some delegated permissions for replication but none
granting
only read access. Off the cuff, something like this might work:

dn: cn="$SUFFIX",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: aci
aci:

(targetattr=*)(targetfilter="(|(objectclass=nsds5replicationagreement)(objectclass=nsDSWindowsReplicationAgreement))")(version
3.0; aci "permission:Read Replication Agreements"; allow (read, search,
compare) groupdn = "ldap:///cn=Read Replication
Agreements,cn=permissions,cn=pbac,$SUFFIX";)

dn: cn=Read Replication Agreements,cn=permissions,cn=pbac,$SUFFIX
changetype: add
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupofnames
objectClass: ipapermission
cn: Read Replication Agreements
ipapermissiontype: SYSTEM

Note that you'll need to replace $SUFFIX with your base dn
(dc=example,dc=com).

This is untested so YMMV. If you find that it works and is useful please
let
us know, maybe we can add this for everyone to enjoy :-)
Is it safe to allow anonymous access to read this attribute? I added
the following ACI:

dn: cn="$SUFFIX",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: aci
aci:
(targetattr=*)(targetfilter="(|(objectclass=nsds5replicationagreement)(objectclass=nsDSWindowsReplicationAgreement))")(version
3.0; aci "permission:Read Replication Agreements"; allow (read,
search, compare) groupdn = "ldap:///anyone";;)

It would be better to restrict the list of attributes to only those needed
by the app e.g. (targetattr="foo || bar || baz || ...")

And I can now get the replication status using an anonymous bind. I
also modified the nagios perl script to make an anonymous bind and
check the replication status - it's working OK.

I don't know if the aci should be a standard feature, option to
enable, or just to provide the ldif for anyone who wants it.

Sure.  If you think it should be a standard feature, just file a ticket.
OK, done.

I've modified the nagios perl script that I got from:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ReplicationMonitoring

to do anonymous binds and to allow an additional parameter with the
port number. Should I send it to someone?
I don't know who maintains that nagios script.

Dan