free...@noboost.org wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 09:00:43AM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 10:21 +0400, free...@noboost.org wrote:
Hi All,

This one has me stumped!
For some reason my Centos 5.8 x64 Linux server hangs during
"ipa-client-install"

Server:
* ipa-admintools-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64
* ipa-client-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64
* ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
* ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
* ipa-python-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64
* ipa-server-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64
* ipa-server-selinux-2.1.3-9.el6.x86_64

Client:
CentOS release 5.8 (Final) (x86_64)
* ipa-client-2.1.3-2.el5_8
* sssd-client-1.5.1-49.el5_8.1

Questions:
* Is there a better way to diagnose the ipa-getkeytab command? Perhaps I
   can run a native kerberos command?
* Any tips welcome, I've tried straces and tcpdump to work this one out,
   hmm..

Error:
"ipa-client-install" runs fine and then hangs (without reason):
[below is the chopped version]

[libdefaults]
   default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
   dns_lookup_realm = true
   dns_lookup_kdc = true
   rdns = false
   ticket_lifetime = 24h
   forwardable = yes

[realms]
   EXAMPLE.COM = {
     pkinit_anchors = FILE:/etc/ipa/ca.crt
   }

[domain_realm]
   .example.com = EXAMPLE.COM
   example.com = EXAMPLE.COM

Password for ad...@example.com:
root        : DEBUG    args=kinit ad...@example.com
root        : DEBUG    stdout=Password for ad...@example.com:

root        : DEBUG    stderr=

`ps -ef` on the client side, shows that the install is getting stuck on
"ipa-getkeytab" for some reasons.

root     15842 15814  0 15:09 pts/1    00:00:00 /usr/bin/python -E
/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install -d

root     15852 15842  0 15:09 pts/1    00:00:00 /usr/sbin/ipa-join -s
ipa-server.example.com -b dc=example,dc=com -d

root     15853 15852  0 15:09 pts/1    00:00:00 /usr/sbin/ipa-getkeytab
-s ipa-server.example.com -p
host/client.example....@example.com -k /etc/krb5.keytab

cya

Craig

Hello Craig,

I think that in this case, strace may be a good choice to find out where
it hangs. I assume you already have the IPA server installed and you are
trying to install IPA client on different machine.
yes that is correct

If you run ipa-getkeytab with strace separately from ipa-client-install
you can test where it hangs. You can use any principal existing in IPA
server, including host/client.example....@example.com if the host entry
exists.

To authenticate with ipa-getkeytab on a machine where ipa-client-isntall
was unsuccessful you can either manually configure /etc/krb5.conf to use
IPA server KDC and run kinit or you could use "-D BINDDN -w PASSWORD"
options to authenticate via LDAP bind.
Heres what I did, I'm not sure which part fixed it. But everything works
fine now!

Steps followed:

1) Found an old policy referring to this client in the kerberos
database, Naturally I deleted this.

2) Fixed up the /etc/krb5.conf on the client&  ran the ipa-getkeytab
command (using an existing host principal). To my surprise this worked.

# /usr/sbin/ipa-getkeytab -s sysvm-ipa.example.com -p \
# host/craigpc.example....@example.com -k /etc/krb5.keytab
# Keytab successfully retrieved and stored in: /etc/krb5.keytab

3) re-run the ipa-client-install
It worked first time and problem solved.

Any thoughts on the actual issue? could it have been the old policy
entry?

Can you provide any more information on what this policy was and where it was stored?

rob

4) local keytab file
The local keytab file looks fine now, I assume that there is an easy way
to delete the craigpc principal entry?

$ sudo klist -k /etc/krb5.keytab
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal