On 06/01/2012 08:17 PM, Jimmy wrote:
Our DNS topology is a very simple, out of the box, FreeIPA config. Our systems
are configured to run independently at completely disparate locations, so
there is very little to the topology besides forward and reverse zones for the
networks served at each site. There are no slaves, and this is the only zone
that has this issue. This is logged in the file /var/named/data/named.run .
DNS has not been modified directly through ldap, only through IPA interfaces.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Currently I could completely rebuild the system and push out the new config to
the sites, but if there is some way to fix this on a running server or get
more debug info to the maillist to possibly find the fix I would greatly
prefer that.

I found the bug in bind-dyndb-ldap. This error message is logged only for zones without idnsUpdatePolicy attribute, right?

There is a ticket for that problem.
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/79

Workaround:
Define idnsUpdatePolicy attribute (e.g. "grant E.EXAMPLE krb5-self * A;") and set idnsAllowDynUpdate to FALSE. Dynamic updates will remain disabled and error message will not be logged.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

Petr^2 Spacek

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Petr Spacek <pspa...@redhat.com