1) Fresh replica key
2) attempt to join with the ipa-manage-replica key command this fails
3) Check the 2nd servers dirsrv is running (service dirsrv status), if not
start it with service dirsrv start
4) run ipa-replica-manage force-sync -from ipa1 on ipa2
5) Check the 2nd servers dirsrv is still running
6) On Ipa1 (the master) run ipa-replica-manage del ipam002
7) run ipa-server-install --uninstall on ipam002
8) run ipa-server-install and this seems to succeed
So far 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 replication is running HOWEVER replication on 2 to 3
does NOT work.....1 to 3 does and 3 to 1 does. I tried running
ipa-replica-manage force-sync --from ipam1 but this wont sync, yet it used
So when adding 2 back in replication 1 to 3 breaks.....so I tried removing 3
and re-adding and that failed.....I get a GSSAPI error....
Technical Specialist - Linux RHCE
Victoria University, Wellington, NZ
0064 4 463 6272
From: Rob Crittenden [rcrit...@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, 14 June 2012 9:54 a.m.
To: Steven Jones
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Replication problems with having more than one
Steven Jones wrote:
> Has anyone seen replication issues when you have more than one replica?
> If I have ipa1 as the master and 2 as the replica I am OK, if I add ipa3 as a
> second replica 1 to 3 works both ways, and 2 to 1 works but not 1 to 2....
> I removed and re-added 2 and find that 3 now no longer works....
We need details. What doesn't work? How did you remove and re-add 2? Are
any errors logged when this happens?
Freeipa-users mailing list