On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 15:19 +0200, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
Hi,

I've seen cron jobs on some of our machines not being run after they we're
migrated to IPA. The
machines in question has not been restarted after they we're migrated from NIS
to IPA.

These are RHEL 6 machines. The users that has the crontab that's not run, was
in NIS, and the same
account having the same UID/GID exists in IPA. Cron jobs for local accounts run
as they did before
migrating to IPA.

Jun 15 13:53:01 hostname crond[1810]: (username) ORPHAN (no passwd entry)

Restarting the cron daemon solves the issue, and the cron jobs immediately
starts running again.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Running daemons cannot pick up changes to /etc/nsswitch.conf. They have
to be restarted. This is a long-standing bug in glibc (well, the glibc
upstream doesn't consider it a bug, but their users do).
Ok, thank you for the explanation.

Rgds,
Siggi