On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 09:52 -0700, george he wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a server and a few client set up. I can ssh to the server or
> clients. But there's no entry on the console gdm for ipa user, and I
> cannot login by choosing "others" either.
> What do I need to set up for gdm log on? I searched the docs but
> didn't find any...

Entries do not appear on the GDM login until you have logged in at least
once by choosing "others". I'm concerned that this is not working,
however.

Can you do
'tail -n0 -f /var/log/secure' in a root shell while attempting to log in
through GDM and then show us what it says?

Also, please tell us what version of SSSD is installed on your system
(you can find out with 'rpm -q sssd')