On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 13:51 -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:

> Simo are you sure simple bind is enough? I thought that it should be a
> bind over SSL with some specific ext op. Do I recall it wrong?

A bind over SSL is still called a "simple bind" and simply mean a bind
that users a plain text password, the other option is a "SASL bind".

We use SASL binds when using Krb credentials for example to do a
SASL/GSSAPI/Krb5 bind.

We could also use a SASL/PLAIN bind, but I think there is a bug in 389DS
with SASL/PLAIN, there should be a ticket somewhere. But it is not
important, SASL/PLAIN is almost never used.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York